Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Essence eyeshadows



Hi everyone, sorry for the absence of posts lately, but I’m back with a series of reviews on Essence cosmetics. : )

Here’s the categories of makeup I’ll be doing the reviews on: Eyeshadows, lipglosses, lipsticks, eyeliners and nail polishes.

I’m going to start with their eyeshadows :)
But first, let me tell you that Essence is a German cosmetics brand whose products are all made in Europe, and what makes this brand stand out is that the quality is higher than the price suggests. The products are between $1-$6 AUD so if you’re on a super tight budget, this is a lovely brand to turn to. 

However, you’ll find that Essence is more of a brand intended for young girls if you have a browse on their site: http://www.essence.eu/  (But I know many older girls and adults use this brand too and they love it!) You’ll also find that they don’t test on animals “absolutely no testing on animals is conducted for the cosmetic products by essence, nor do we assign anyone to test any of our products on animals. Not in Germany, nor anywhere else in the world! This applies to the final products as well as any ingredients. Because essence is strictly against any kind of animal testing whatsoever as we think it is absolutely awful to torture animals for the sake of beauty products.”

On to the reviews now,


I spotted a shelf of these very affordable products at a Target a while back and I was amazed at the low price so I decided to try them out and the first product I got was the Sun club mini eye shadow range in 02 Bondi Beach collection long beach, it has 8 colours in it.

I’ve noticed it gets fall-outs very easily which is ALWAYS annoying. It stays put for 4 hours at most with just a little fading but it will probably stay on longer with an eyeshadow primer. The pigmentation is a 5 on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is most pigmented- which is okay because when you buy something this cheap, you  shouldn’t expect it to be of  very high quality.
The packaging is okay, it comes with a two sided applicator and it’s small enough to be put into most makeup bags. Overall, not too bad but it’s really not something you should use for your partying makeup, wedding makeup or prom etc.


 Now on to their single eyeshadows, of which I own four shades:

 59 Copper island, 48 forest gump, 56 hyped up and [no.]Metropolitian
I quite like the clear, round and light weight packaging of these eyeshadows. The staying power is 4 hours at most but it starts to fade by the first hour so in the end the colour is really light, unlike when you first applied it. It does look quite pigmented at first with at least 3 layers, but with the shade ‘metropolitian’ you only need 1 layer and with ‘hyped up’ it’s not pigmented at all.
Overall, not bad for the price.

Here’s the swatches:
Metropolitian, forest gump, copper island and hyped up.

So there’s my review on Essence eyeshadows.

 I hope you give this brand a go and let me know what you think!

NEXT Essence review: Lipglosses!

No comments:

Post a Comment